Home Insurance to protect against the unexpected
Home insurance provides protection against disasters and unforeseen events. A standard insurance policy insures the structure itself and the property you care for within it. Homeowners insurance is purchased as a package insurance plan.
Home coverage addresses both damage to you, your home and liability concerns for injuries and property damage you or people in your household cause to visitors. Damage due to natural disasters maybe covered but there are exceptions. The most noteworthy would be damages brought on by floods and earthquakes. Individual riders for flood & earthquake insurance may be added.
Why would you need home insurance coverage?
Home Insurance may provide coverage for many situations including:
- Damage or replacement due to fire or natural disasters
- Water Damage (pipes, leaky roofs, floods)
- Liability protection from suits due to to injury to a guest in your home
- Reimbursement for losses or repairs due to theft or vandalism
- Your loan or financial institution will require insurance coverage